GLFS Family Support Worker
Guardian Light Family Services is lighting the path towards a healthy and positive family lifestyle through exceptional service to communities in Western Nebraska.
Due to an increased need for Family Support in your area we are looking for committed enthusiastic Family Support Workers willing to empower families towards a safe and nurturing environment.
The Family Support Worker (FSW) generally works a flexible schedule that depends on the needs of the client and other duties. Availability to work nights and weekends in this position is required at times to meet the needs of the clients, as you will be working with children and their families who will likely have children in school. However, flexibility is available within your schedule.
We assist in the activities of daily living, provide community engagement opportunities, job coaching and life skills training. FSW's also provide the required documentation and billing daily to ensure timely reporting and contractual requirements are met.
FSW's work in various settings that are deemed appropriate to provide services to the child and family; are required to have the ability to travel approximately 1 - 2 hours to scheduled meetings with the families we serve; safely drive at night, during road construction and in all Nebraska weather conditions; lift and/or assist small children when needed; sit and ride in vehicles for prolonged periods of time; and bend, stoop, pivot, and navigate stairs on a frequent basis.
- $14 - $17 / hour (depends on experience)
- Paid Training
- Paid Drive Time
- Paid mileage when working with direct service clients
Benefits for Full-time Employees:
- Paid Time Off
- 8 paid holidays
- Insurance Available: Major Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental
2 Years of Human Services Experience or Bachelor's Degree in Human Services related field
3 points or less on drivers license
- Do you have work, life, training or education experience pertaining to child abuse, substance abuse, domestic abuse, Parent-Child interaction techniques, budgeting, locating safe and affordable housing or any other human service skills?
- Are you willing to teach parents & guardians how to implement those skills into their own family unit?
- You will need to be located in North Platte, NE or a community located in the surrounding local area prior to employment.
- Please submit your detailed resume showing your education, job-related or life experience! Please be sure your resume includes contact information: phone number, email.
- Go to https://guardian-light.com/apply-now/
Upon hiring we will require a copy of Driver's License, Insurance and Registration, and proof of Education.
Please share this job opening.
Job Openings Available: Full-time, Part-time