The North Platte Area Chamber & Development Corporation is committed to the retention, expansion and attraction of preferred employers that offer good quality jobs in Lincoln County. Incentives are available to help businesses that meet the requirements of that commitment.
The Nebraska Advantage package was designed to create a business climate that makes Nebraska the preferred location for starting and growing your business. The Nebraska Advantage rewards businesses that invest in the state and hire Nebraskans. In this progressive, pro-business tax climate, corporate income and sales taxes are reduced or virtually eliminated.
Job Training Services & Incentives
- Provides State training assistance on a reimbursement basis for projects that create new jobs and offer an opportunity for economic development in Nebraska
- Eligible activities may include, but are not limited to, manufacturing, processing, warehousing/distribution, data processing and headquarter locations
- Training assistance targeted for full-time production positions
- Eligible costs may include instructor fees, books, materials and limited on-the-job training
- Positions created must offer salaries that meet or exceed the local average wage for similar posibitons with a competitive benefits package
- Typical reimbursement is $250 TO $1,000 per job
Mid-Plains Community College Career Assessment and Training Center
- National-known assessment center assists private business in identifying necessary skill sets for selected positions
- Pre-testing of applicants is available for a nominal fee
- Negotiable rate structure available for specific employee training programs conducted at the College or on-site at a business
- Listing of current and past satisfied clients is readily available