Resources & Data
Resources & Data
The results of the 2018 Housing Study for Lincoln County and North Platte have been released. The study was authorized by five funding partners, including your Chamber, to get the facts, statistical analysis and future recommendations on addressing housing issues in our community. It was prepared by Marvin Planning Consultants.For a copy of that study, please click on the following link.
2017 Labor Availability Report
Our 2017 Southwest Nebraska Area Labor Report was conducted by the Nebraska Department of Labor & Economic Development. These full reports provide detailed analysis and context about labor availability, hiring, training needs, and skills gaps. Results revealed that there were an estimated 5,007 potential job seekers, over the age of 18, in the city of North Platte during the Fall of 2016.
2019 Nebraska Statewide Labor Availability Study Reports
In the winter of 2019, the Nebraska Department of Labor compiled survey data collected from households and businesses in 2016 through the Spring of 2019. The Nebraska Statewide Labor Availability Report data set consists of over 21,000 responses from individuals across Nebraska. More than 4,700 employer responses from Nebraska and Iowa make up the data set used to create the Nebraska Statewide Hiring and Training Needs Report.
2013 Labor Force and Wage and Benefits Survey
Our 2013 comprehensive Labor Availability Study was conducted by The University of Nebraska - Kearney. This independent study was based on feedback generated from household and local employers surveys. This study quantifies the fact that this region has a high level of underemployment. Our historically low unemployment rate as reported by the Department of Labor, does not reflect a high number of workers working multiple jobs to make ends meet. The survey indicates that there is a large pool of available workers for jobs that have good benefits and a living wage.
Additionally, the University included Wage and Benefit information gathered from area businesses. The results are included in the study.
For complete study results, click on the link below:
For additional labor force information, please visit the Nebraska Department of Labor, Workforce Development site.
The North Platte Area Chamber & Development Corporation is committed to the retention, expansion and attraction of preferred employers that offer good quality jobs in Lincoln County. Incentives are available to help businesses that meet the requirements of that commitment.
Quality Growth Fund (The Plan)
Quality Growth Fund (Application)
Nebraska Tax Increment Financing Report - produced for Nebraska Economic Developers Association, March 2018
NE TIF Report Appendix C- Community Impacts
The Nebraska Advantage package was designed to create a business climate that makes Nebraska the preferred location for starting and growing your business. The Nebraska Advantage rewards businesses that invest in the state and hire Nebraskans. In this progressive, pro-business tax climate, corporate income and sales taxes are reduced or virtually eliminated.
Job Training Services & Incentives
- Provides State training assistance on a reimbursement basis for projects that create new jobs and offer an opportunity for economic development in Nebraska
- Eligible activities may include, but are not limited to, manufacturing, processing, warehousing/distribution, data processing and headquarter locations
- Training assistance targeted for full-time production positions
- Eligible costs may include instructor fees, books, materials and limited on-the-job training
- Positions created must offer salaries that meet or exceed the local average wage for similar posibitons with a competitive benefits package
- Typical reimbursement is $250 TO $1,000 per job
2. Workforce Attraction Grant
- Chamber & Development provides initial funding to support an employee recruitment campaign
- Funding to be utilized for local and state advertising sources, including newspaper, radio, television, billboards, Internet, job fairs, etc.
- Special consideration given to positions that offer above average pay for comparable positions in the area
- Level of funding at the discretion of the Chamber & Development Board of Directors
3. Mid-Plains Community College Career Assessment and Training Center
- National-known assessment center assists private business in identifying necessary skill sets for selected positions
- Pre-testing of applicants is available for a nominal fee
- Negotiable rate structure available for specific employee training programs conducted at the College or on-site at a business
- Listing of current and past satisfied clients is readily available
North Platte/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau Sports Tourism Strategic Planning Program
The North Platte/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau partnered with Huddle Up Group to develop a plan focused on Sports Tourism for our area.
The sports tourism industry has grown consistently over the past 20 years. Studies show that the grass roots portion of this market is worth more than $11.4 billion annually to the domestic economy. Whether you use the National Recreation and Park Association spending estimate ($85 per person per day), the 2011 National Association of Sports Commissions (NASC) study ($208 per person per day), or the Destinations International (DI) economic impact calculator, the value of this niche market is palpable.
Links to other sites